These tips will make your mobile working safer.
Remember Apple’s iPod ads where you could have 1,000 songs in your pocket? At the time, it was revolutionary.
Since then developments in technology mean we can now have our entire business in our pocket. And changes in the way we work mean more and more of us do.
Easy access to data and the ability to work where and when we need to have enormous benefits. But they also come with some risk.
Devices can easily be lost or stolen. Remote access increases the opportunities for data to be breached. And inexperienced staff may not keep up with safe working practices.
Verto is cloud-based project management software, which means your whole team can make the most of mobile working. To help you make the most of these opportunities, we’ve put together some tips on how to make mobile working as safe as it can be.
These are really simple things you can do that will protect your data, your organization and your staff.
- Insist all your team use a password, or better still finger print scanning, to lock their screen.
- Set up all your devices to wipe their data after the passcode has been entered incorrectly a set number of times.
- Use remote management tools to track, lock and even wipe the data on your devices.
- Smart phones can’t be tracked once their SIM card has been removed. So accept we all lose things from time to time and encourage your staff to report a lost or stolen device as soon as possible without fear of penalty.
- Make sure all your mobile devices have up-to-date malware protection, exactly as you do for your desktop devices.
- Make sure all your staff are aware of the risks linked to mobile devices. For example, they should only use apps that your IT team have confirmed as safe. And they should only ever access sensitive data via a password secured network.
- Limit the types of devices on your network. This will help them integrate seamlessly with your back-office systems and make it easier for you to keep security measures up-to-date.
It’s worth taking the time to make mobile working safe as the benefits are significant. For example, mobile working means flexible working, which is good for both employers and employees. It can help you recruit the best staff. And it can help you cut costs. For more on this see our blog about how flexible working can make you a better employer.
To find out more about how Verto can help you make the most of mobile working please call us on 0118 334 6200 or message us here.